Church Stretton Town Council seeks to provide excellent services at best value; to meet the needs and improve the well-being of all the residents of the town; to protect and enhance the amenity and environment of the town in respect of its buildings and landscape; to ensure a sustainable and vibrant community for the continuing benefit of residents, visitors and businesses.
Church Stretton is the second largest Market Town in South Shropshire with a total population of around 4,200 and an electorate of around 3,600.
The Town Council boundary extends beyond the limits of Church Stretton, extending to the summit of the Long Mynd and encompassing a number of nearby communities and isolated properties.
Shropshire Council provides a definitive map on their website that shows:
- Town and Parish, SC Councillor and MP Boundaries
- Rights of Way by type (footpaths, bridleways etc.)
- Conservation Areas
- Locations of importance, e.g. Doctors Surgeries, Libraries,
- School Catchment areas etc.
The Council area comprises 4 wards:
- Little Stretton (including Minton & Hamperley);
- All Stretton;
- Church Stretton North;
- Church Stretton South.