Church Stretton War Memorial
This town war memorial is placed on rising ground close to the entrance to Longhills Road and was unveiled by Major General Deverell and dedicated by the Bishop of Hereford on 13 October 1920.
It takes the form of the Celtic, wheelhead cross and has a powerful impression, set against rising ground and overlooking the town of Church Stretton.
It commemorates the residents of Church Stretton who were killed or missing in the First World War (51 names) and the Second World War (31 names).
All Stretton War Memorial
This war memorial is placed on a raised bank to the west side of the B5477, close to St Michaels and All Angels church.
The monument was unveiled by Mrs J McLintock and dedicated by Revd. Selby Lenrey on 27 March 1920.
The memorial is of limestone with slate plaques attached to all sides. It takes the form of an obelisk on a pedestal with stepped, square plinth.
Incised slate panels now cover the eroded stone inscriptions to the First World War servicemen and repeat the names in the small plaque, still in situ, of the Second World War servicemen.
The All Stretton Local History Society has researched all the names on the memorial and can be contacted for more information.