Preferred Scale and Distribution of Growth
We are pleased to advise that it has become possible for Shropshire Council to publish the first round of targeted ‘Preferred Options’ earlier than envisaged in our recently published timetable (see Table 2, p.12 here: http://shropshire.gov.uk/media/2338551/Local-Development-Scheme-2017-Cabinet-21June.pdf ).
At its meeting on 18 October 2017, Shropshire Council’s Cabinet will be asked to approve a draft consultation document which:
1. Sets out the preferred scale of housing and employment development in Shropshire 2016-36;
2. Sets out the preferred distribution of this growth;
3. Identifies housing and employment growth guidelines for each market town and key centre;
4. Confirms the methodology which Shropshire Council proposes to adopt to identify a settlement hierarchy in Shropshire;
5. Lists the settlements which form part of this hierarchy, including those that will in future be identified as ‘Community Hubs’.
Cabinet approval will permit the consultation documents to be published on 23rd October 2017 for a period of 8 weeks (closing Monday 18th December);
The Government has just published consultation documents setting out proposals for a standardised approach to the calculation of housing need:
Happily, the outcome from the proposed approach firmly endorses that from Shropshire Council’s own assessment, and identifies an annual need of 1,270 dwellings, which equates to a need of 25,400 over the twenty year period 2016-36, as against the 25,178 identified in our published Full Objectively Assessed Housing Need (2016).
25,400 over the twenty year period 2016-36, as against the 25,178 identified in our published Full Objectively Assessed Housing Need (2016).
Recent Posts on this Topic
- Community Messages (43)
- Consultations (43)
- Events (3)
- Grants & Funding (2)
- Town Council (152)
- Uncategorized (1)