Community Service Awards
The community life of Church Stretton is greatly enhanced by the voluntary contributions of both individuals and community groups. The Town Council wishes to recognise these contributions by making annual awards in four categories:
- A Youth Long Service Award for an adult volunteer worker with young people (under 18 years);
- An Adult Long Service Award for a voluntary worker with adults;
- A Group Award for the community group which has made a significant contribution to the well-being, cultural or sporting life of the community;
- An Initiative Award recognising an individual or community group who have taken an initiative to make Church Stretton an even better place to live.
Nominations will be invited in January of each year for return to the Council by 31st March 2023. The nomination forms are available on the link below, or from the Council offices.
The Awards will be presented by the Mayor at the Annual Assembly in May.
Nomination Criteria and Form
Nominees, whether individuals or groups, should have:
a. Made a significant and long term voluntary contribution to the well-being of either young people or adults: or
b. Brought credit to Church Stretton through their endeavours; or
c. Through their initiative, made Church Stretton a better place to live
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology and are in the following formats: .docx. Request an accessible format.
- No nominations will be put forward or initiated by Councillors or current Council staff;
- Any nominations considered must have been proposed and seconded by residents within the Church Stretton Parish Boundary and / or by persons who have strong links with the town;
- Members of the Council may, in their private capacity, nominate individuals.
- No nomination will be considered in respect of any sitting Town, Unitary Councillors or serving employees. However past Councillors and employees are eligible.
- Each valid nomination will be considered on its own merits and no firm criteria be specified.
- Each nomination will need to be accompanied by a citation setting out the reasons why they have been nominated.
- All nominations must be received with all relevant accompaniments by the date on the form so that they can go onto the full Council Agenda. Those received after that time and date will not be eligible for consideration.
- Successful nominees, individual or group, will be notified in writing and invited to attend the Annual Assembly in May for presentation of their Community Service Award by the Mayor.
- The Community Service Award will comprise of a framed A4 certificate on high quality paper and include the words “in recognition of outstanding service to the people of Church Stretton on whose behalf the Town Council records its appreciation”.
- Nominations will be invited in January every year through the local press, posters, notice boards, website and social media.